The Recording and Writing Meeting Minutes with Additional Minutes Evaluations course takes you through every step in the process of deciding with your company what types of minutes to take, preparing for taking minutes, recording your notes, writing the notes into clear minutes, and distributing the minutes. It contains three examinations in the main part of the course: one evaluating how well you know the requirements of your organization for the meeting minutes, a second evaluating the notes you take for your meeting minutes, and a final evaluating the writing in the final draft of your meeting minutes.
After you have completed the main part of the course, your instructor will evaluate three more sets of minutes, working with you on the style, clarity, organization, grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, and anything else the instructor identifies that you need to learn.
The BWC215 Recording and Writing Meeting Minutes course contains the main part of the course, but does not have the evaluation of three additional sets of final drafts of meeting minutes you have written.
You will go through the course at your own pace, so you could complete it within a few weeks. However, you have up to four months to complete the course so you can fit the study time into your schedule. All lessons must be finished within the four-month period.
BWC217 will teach you how to
- Decide on conventions and protocol for the organization's minutes
- Choose a format and methods of distribution
- Prepare for taking minutes
- Record meeting information in notes
- Write the minutes using appropriate vocabulary
- Write the minutes using clear, effective sentences
- Write the minutes using clear, simple punctuation
- Lesson 1: Decide on Conventions and Protocol
- Lesson 2: Determine the Types of Minutes
- Lesson 3: Choose the Format and Methods of Distribution
- Lesson 4: Preparing for Taking Minutes
- Lesson 5: Recording Meeting Information
- Lesson 6: Using Appropriate Vocabulary
- Lesson 7: Writing Effective Sentences
- Lesson 8: Using Clear, Simple Punctuation
Competency Examination 3
Additional Minutes Critique and Revision 1
Additional Minutes Critique and Revision 2
Additional Minutes Critique and Revision 3