The Business Research Report Writing course will teach you how to prepare reports summarizing the results of your research for use by internal clients in accomplishing business goals. One specific example of such a report is the report that presents information about a potential customer to enable account representatives, marketing specialists, and strategic planners to enhance or develop a business relationship with the potential customer.
The course will teach you how to decide what information is pertinent and how to summarize or synthesize the information into a coherent presentation without interjecting bias.
The online lessons contain clear explanations and many examples. You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. The instructor evaluates the activities and examinations, comments on skills learned and skills that still need polish, coaches you through learning the skills, and certifies your competence. You receive a graduation certificate for framing at the end of the course.
You will go through the course at your own pace, so you could complete it within a few weeks. However, you have up to four months to complete the course so you can fit the study time into your schedule. All lessons must be finished within the four-month period.
- Diagnostic 1: Initial diagnosis of writing ability
- Lesson 1: The client and audience
- Lesson 2: Objectives and specifications for the research report
- Lesson 3: Methods of filtering and recording information
- Lesson 4: Facts, conclusions, inferences, and judgments
- Lesson 5: Paraphrasing, summarizing, synthesizing, and filtering objectively
- Diagnostic 2: Writing objectively
- Lesson 6: Organizing
- Lesson 7: Using guideposts for clarity
- Diagnostic 3: Synthesizing and organizing
- Lesson 8: Writing clearly
- Lesson 9: Bibliographic methods
- Diagnostic 4: Complete sample report
- Lesson 10: Editing
- Lesson 11: Writing concisely
- Lesson 12: Research report format and publishing
- Lesson 13: Proofreading
- Diagnostic 5: Final complete report